Every year before I go to SXSW I get that “shit, I haven’t been blogging much” anxiety. So this year I’m just admitting it. So here’s a quick hit list of what I’ve been doing and thinking…
- Been working lots and lots of hours on a new product that lets you search your social world. (note: it’s not “social search” or “personal search” as each of those terms already have their own meanings, it’s new and different and useful, promise
- Yes, the GOP presidential field is a bag of crazy
- Yes, the Assad regime is horrible
- No, I’m not buying an iPad 3, tablets still have yet to do it for me, no matter how awesome their hardware is (now put that screen on a Macbook….)
- I now really, really grok the age old gripes about Twitter’s API
- SOPA and PIPA were terrible legislation and Hollywood is hopelessly out of touch. This year’s Oscars, with its “let’s go back to the movies” schtick just made this even more evident.
- I haven’t even played Mass Effect 3 yet, but the installation process furthered my opinion that Origin is garbage. It’s like the app store edition of IE6. Too bad, considering the name’s history.